Dr. Curby Dwaine Sydney, a native of St. Lucia, earned his medical degree at the Instituto Superior de Ciencas Medicas (Superior Institute of Medical Sciences) Camaguey, Cuba with academic distinction. He went on to participate in a Neurosurgery and Neuroradiology Observership at Taipei his rigorous residency training in Neurosurgery with academic distinction at the prestigious General Calixto Garcia University Hospital, Havana, Cuba. His graduate dissertation and Board Examinations were completed at the National Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Cuba.
- Medical Director – CANA Nuero Services, Tapion, St. Lucia – Presently
- Chief Consultant Neurosurgeon – CANA Neuro Services, Tapion, St. Lucia – Presently
- Consultant Neurosurgeon ( Private Privileges) – Victoria Hospital, St. Lucia, June 2017- Present
- Consultant Neurosurgeon ( Private Privileges ) Tapion Hospital, St. Lucia September 2014- Present
- Consultant Neurosurgeon – St. Jude Hospital, Vieux Fort St. Lucia September 2014- Present
- Associate Professor for Neuroanatomy and Introduction to Clinical Medicine (ICM) – Neurology- Spartan Health Sciences University, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia. September 2014 – December 2016.
- District Medical Officer (DMO) Ministry of Health, St. Lucia, 2008 -2009
- Senior House Officer (SHO) Accident & Emergency Department, Victoria Hospital, 2006 -2007
- Medical Internship (2nd Year) – Victoria Hospital 2005 – 2006 Medical Internship (1st Year) – Superior Institute of Medical Sciences, Camaguey, Cuba 2004 – 2005
- Chilean Journal of Neurosurgery (2014) – A case of a 4 month old patient with a left frontal Brain Absess.
- Research Dissertation, (2013) – Surgical Timing in Traumatic Lesions of the Subaxial Cervical Spine
- Research Presentation, Second Author (2012) – Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Research Paper, second author, ( 2012) – Thoraic Outlet Syndrome
- Research Paper, third paper, (2012) – Management of Traumatic lesions of the Craniocervical Junction
- Research Paper Presentation Science fair, University Garcia, Second Author/Presenter (2012) – Neurophysiologic Monitoring in Lumber – Sacral Spine Entities
- Research Presentation International Congress on Spine Surgery, Second Author (2009) Stabilization of Traumatic Spine Lesions
- Member of the Cuban Society of Neurosurgeons (Spine Chapter)
- Member of AOspine International
- Member of World Federation of Neurological Surgeons
- Member of American Heart Association
- Member of Medical & Dental Association of St. Lucia
- Member of The Medical & Dental Council of St. Lucia
Training & Continuing Medical Education:
- AOspine Advanced Level Specimen Course (Hands on – Minimally Invasive Surgery; Palm Beach, USA.(February, 2017)
- AOspine Principles Webinar – Management of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Dubendorf, Switzerland (September, 2016)
- AOspine Webcast ‘Meet the Experts’ – Biomaterials and Spinal Fusion, Davos, Switzerland (December 2015)
- Hospital Safety & Quality Management Course; Changhua Christian Hospital, Taiwan, ROC. (September 2015)
- Neurosurgery Training – Neurosurgery Department, Changhua Christian Hospital, Taiwan. ROC. (2015)
- AOspine Neurotrauma Course (Theory & Practical); Cartagena, Columbia. (2015)
- Observership in Neurosurgery & Neuroradiology, Taipei Medical University – Wang Fang Hospital, Taiwan, ROC.